On the 19th of June, the world will be on the Streets and nowhere else. We have all witnessed the financial meltdown, and how all governments have been quick to bail out the same institutions and individuals that led us to this world crisis. We will soon see once again how the EU and national governments keep on passing legislation to please financial markets, creditors and rating agencies; but systematically forget about those who get them into office: us, the anonymous, voiceless and outraged citizens.
SAY NO TO THE EURO PACT AND JOIN THE #GLOBALREVOLUTION ON 19J!
If you wish to join us from Brighton, come to the Brighton Stn at 3.30PM, if you can´t make it then, we hope to see you in London, Trafalgar Sq. at 6PM.
What will be ratified by the signing of this new pact (possibly by the end of the month) includes amongst others:
· The public sector salaries should be consistent with the competitiveness of the private sector, WHICH MEANS: further cuts in the public sector as it must offer the same benefits as the private sector’s wages.
· Therefore all countries should adjust their laws to the dictates of the banks, WHICH MEANS governments are ONCE AGAIN not legislating for the protection and interests of citizens but in the favour of large banking corporations and the markets.
· The retirement age will be delayed in all the countries in accordance with life expectancy.
· Changes to the constitutions of the signatory countries with the aim of “translating EU fiscal rules as set out in the Stability and Growth Pact into national legislation” resulting in the loss of sovereignty of the people.
For the time being, the UK is not a signatory of the Euro Pact, but the future looks grim regardless of how we wish to see it. Global problems require global protests and global solutions!
– Demonstrate Peacefully
– No political banners or leaflets (each one represents him/herself!)
– Clean up before you leave